Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Second Job... Well, Kinda

I apologize for not posting these past few days! I started a "second job" this past week and getting used to the schedule is pretty difficult. As I mentioned in my So Long Freshman Year, Hello Summer 2012 post, I wanted to get a second job this summer instead of just working as a pool life-guard. Well, I didn't so much get a second job... I got a job that will keep me working until the pools open for summer- that's when I'll officially be life-guarding. For now, I am working with the pool operators and helping them prepare the pools for Opening Weekend.

The outdoor pools in my area open for summer on Father's Day weekend, so the pool operators clean the pools and prepare them during the end of May for that weekend. As a life-guard, I did not know what these pool operators did, until I started working with them. The pool deck needs to be washed and cleared of all leaves and garbage, the pool liner needs to be scrubbed and rinsed with chemicals to remove dirt from the harsh winter, ladders and railings need to be installed, the pumps need to be checked constantly and the pool needs to be filled. It was a lot of work, especially since there are nine pools with our town.

Work starts at 7am and ends at 3pm, three times a week (I can only work 3 times a week since I'll be working full time as a life-guard). I haven't woken up at 6:15am to get somewhere at 7am since high school... so it has been awhile. I am getting used to the schedule though, which is good.

I am currently sitting in the beautiful weather next to my pool, where my dog Sandy, yes, is swimming. She keeps barking at me to get in with her, so I gotta go! Like I said before, videos of Sandy will be posted throughout the summer! Hope you all had a great Memorial Day Weekend... 'MERICA!

Don't forget... KEEP IN TOUCH!